MY SADDEST DAY BY AMEERA

 The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. ~ Ernest Hemingway, "Men Without Women"


Grurrughuhggguh!!!!!! Was the sound the car made each time we entered a pothole, the journey was not so smooth but then I was only concerned with what will be the outcome of the audition I went for earlier that day in Abuja. I asked myself, how on earth will I be among the selected few for the beauty pageant, I'm just a beautiful and confident model but that day I lost it all. I've always wanted to be a beauty queen but I felt intimidated with the Abuja girls that were also present for the audition. "Driver!! Abeg o small small" once again I was distracted from my thoughts only for me to notice we were just 30mins away from our destination, yeah it was a little past sunset say Maghrib time. I got down from the minivan and luckily for me I got to use the ATM close to the bus stop. I walked down the street a little not feeling hungry though but then I noticed a car parked before me, Oga na taxi? I asked, "hummm" the driver nodded, I sat at the front seat and asked him to take me to the bus-stop close to my house as drop, he agreed but I failed to take note of the car if truly it was a taxi or not as long as I'll be home soon to take a hot shower was all I cared for that moment.
He asked to pick a friend along the road and help drop him close by, I agreed. I was so tired and deep in thoughts I suddenly noticed that the driver was taking the wrong path then I became defensive and aggressive and shouted on the driver to turn back because my house was just along the main road, shut up!!!! He said angrily, I became so terrified "o ya wéré ni" he added but i was lost I don't speak Yoruba. He kept driving angrily with anger like I killed his mother, I was just pleading to him to let me go, "you wan die abi"  the second guy added as he gave me a hard blow on my head. I was crying and begging seriously and suddenly the car came to a halt, I looked round and not even a single being there just darkness and then I asked Allah to forgive me for my sins and felt i had met my end. I was dragged down to the ground and the worse happened, I cried and begged for death cause my pride and dignity were stolen from me at that moment, I had no face anymore, next I knew I was carried carelessly into the car so weak and empty. The driver drove a little further, opened the car door and kicked me out somewhere close to my house, then I figured they knew me, As he drove  off I was dragged on the rough road with his car as my bag strap got stocked to the car until it eventually got detached. I couldn't cry, I begged for death but I was still alive, I pinched myself only to notice I wasn't dreaming. No one to help as it was a lonely dark street on a cold night, I was a living dead designed in her blood, no help was forthcoming. I picked my haggard self up and walked down the street to what I felt is my home pushed the gate faintly, entered my house and fell on the cold tiles after all a cold world it is, closed my eyes and darkness was all I could see. I was cheated for life and couldn't get justice, "you have Allah" was what I said to myself and I blacked out.

No comments

Hello guys to comment you would have to register with google. thank you